shellgal

A newborn doctor who is enthusiastic about her career and passionate for her life and of course, she also dreams a lot when she is awake...

Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Hb Electrophoresis results

Asked my collegue to take 4-5cc of my blood to send for Haemoglobin Analysis.Wanted to do the test ages ago and now finally took the initiatives to get it done while I'm still in the Paediatrics Department. It's a simple test being done commonly in the paeds ward. When I visited my cousin (first cousin) in Manchester last year, her newborn baby was tested to be a Thalassaemia carrier. Wishing to know my own status since then, now finally got it done.
Today the results came back and turned out to be like this. (not something worring, finally I'm relieved)

Tests Results
Hb Quantization Hb A 88.2% (normal range >95%)
Hb A2 2.6% (normal range <3.5%)
Hb F 0.1% (normal range <1.7%)
Hb E -
Others -

Hb Electrophoresis Hb Subtypes A

H inclusion test Negative

RBC morphology normocytic normochromic (*grin* always thought that my easy
fatigue and lack of stamina is due to dietary deficiency or genetically heritable anaemia)

Impression/Comment: No evidence of haemoglobinopathy
Reported by: Dr.Kxxxxchexxx (the HOD of Haematology Department in HBI)

This is even more convincing when I saw that my blood specimen was read by the HOD :P, so no doubt at all with the results interpretation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home