shellgal

A newborn doctor who is enthusiastic about her career and passionate for her life and of course, she also dreams a lot when she is awake...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Free of Charge???

Finally visited a GP last night, after falling sick for almost 3 days, without medication. It was yet a tough decision to make, coz I usually do not like to go to the clinic to see doctors. No reasons, frankly.
Hahaha, this reminds me of a medical proverbs : "doctors make the worse patients"! I strongly agree to that. I remember a professor who collapsed in the operation theatre, refused to be treated and managed in the ward, he insisted to go home on the same day. He finally got his will, but yet insisted that he could drive home by himself, all the way from Seremban Hospital to Shah Alam. Noway, we were going to let him drive, so we called up his wife. We waited until his wife arrived at the gate of the hospital, seeing him getting up the car and their car went out of sight! Then only we felt relieved.... foohh
My mum finally grabbed me to see the GP in town. This is our accustomed clinic whenever someone fell sick. The GP has been our family doctor for ages, for everyone in home, granny, dad, mum, siblings and nephew...
So, he asked me, during the consultation,
"why not get yourself treated at home?"
"I wish to...doctor, but I do not have any medications"
"I thought people always like to self-medicate?"
*grin*
I didn't know how to answer this question, so I replied with a smile...

At the dispensary, the nurse rejected my notes, and I was told that the consultation and medications were free of charge! I thanked the nurse and asked her to convey my gratitute to the doctor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home