shellgal

A newborn doctor who is enthusiastic about her career and passionate for her life and of course, she also dreams a lot when she is awake...

Friday, March 10, 2006

Because I'm A Girl

Because I'm A Girl is a Korean song sang by KISS (Korean female group singers). The lyrics of the song has been translated into English as such and Goo Hye Jin and Shin Hyun Joon were cast as the hairstylish and the photographer in the video.

It's impossible to understand
What's going through a guy's heart
You told me that you wanted me and now that
I've given you everything
You tell me you are leaving
You told me that it was the first time you felt this way
and said I was special
I believed you and it was my happiness
you should have told me that your feelings had faded
I had no idea, and i continue to depend on you

Although I said I hate you now, I'll be missing you
because I'm a girl, to whom love is everything...
They say that when you give a guy all he wants
he quickly gets bored
and now I know that's the truth...
And although I tell myself I'll never be tricked by love again
I fall in love, and my heart is broken again...
You should have told me that your feelings faded
I had no idea and I continue to depend on you *

repeat *
Although I said I hate you now, I'll be missing you
because I'm a girl, to whom love is everything... **
Please don't break the hearts of girls
who'll do everything for love....
I didn't know that living this life while being love would be so hard

repeat **
[Today we broke up
You told me to meet someone better than you, and be happy...
You're just like all other guys...
What happened to when you told me that you loved me?
Honestly I don't want you to be happy
What am I going to do if you really forget about me?
I'm in so much pain, more pain than I can bear...
Because I'm still in love with you.....] -- Goo Hye Jin's voice (speaking)

Please don't break the hearts of girls who'll do everything for love...
I didn't know that living this life while being loved would be so hard
Although I said I hate you now, I'll be missing you
because I'm agirl, to whom love is everything...

repeat **
[There's someone I'm in love with...]
repeat **
[Although I can't be with her now...
I'm still in love with her] -- Shin Hyun Joon's vioce (speaking)

In the video, Goo Hye Jin who works in a hairdressing salon and whose dream is to become a model bumped into Shin Hyun Joon, a photographer who was taking photograph of his client one day. Goo accidentally walked in between his flens and the target he was taking. One day, Shin patronized the salon which Goo is working at, and he left his bonnet there. Goo found it and thus decided to pass it back to him by paying him a visit at the studio. In the studio, Shin was so happy to be able to see Goo again, and he suddenly proposed Goo to be his model to let him take a few shots of her. They got together and became very close, ever since then. Until one day, as Goo wanted to reach for the film from the top of a shelf, an uncapped bottle of chemical fell and splashed right onto her eyes. She was immediately sent to the hospital.
He, felt terribly guilty as he was the one who had forgotten to recap the bottle of chemical and thus decided to leave.
When she woke up, she realized that she has lost her vision forever. Somebody donated his eyes to her while she doesn't know the donor at all. After she has resumed her vision, she became famous...


and it's thanks to the photographs she had taken at his studio. One day, she spotted him by far and decided to approach him. And it was only then that she knew that he had become blind, as he gave her his eyes so that she can see again. He had always been in love with her, for he had always kept close to him, the 1st photograph which he had taken of her.

A friend of mine forwarded this video to me. When I first listened to it, I was not able to understand what was being played and of course I could not really feel the singer's sorrow and sadness! As the English lyrics appearred on the screen, the whole song has suddenly become so meaningful...the sorrow and sadness emerged simultaneously from the bottom of my heart...

I quite agree with the lyrics, especially "Although I said I hate you now, but i'll be missing you, because I'm a girl, to whom love is everything", "when you give a guy all he wants, he quickly gets bored", and "it's impossible to understand what's going through a guy's heart" !

Because I'm a girl, I have also repeatedly told myself that I'll never be tricked by love. Yet, I fall in love and my heart is broken again...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRZweEjnUGU (feel free to download or view the video :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home